Friday, December 01, 2006

Harrogate Crime Writing Festival - new Hotel details

The Harrogate Crime Writing Festival is 19-22 July 2007. The details of the venue and a booking line have just been released. From the website:
"In just four years, the Theakston’s Old Peculier Harrogate Crime Writing Festival has become the largest crime-writing event of its kind in Europe. 2006 was no exception and saw audiences rise by 24% from 2005, once again attracting writers and enthusiasts from all over the world to the many sell-out events. This year sees a new venue, a growth in the programme and the very best crime authors around, including Frederick Forsyth, Lee Child, Val McDermid, Harlan Coben and our 2007 Programming Chair Natasha Cooper.

2007 heralds an important change of venue for the Festival. Following a tremendous amount of customer feedback the 2007 event will be held at the beautifully refurbished Crown Hotel situated in the centre of the picturesque spa town of Harrogate, and I am pleased to announce that this will now be our home until 2009.

Booking has now opened for all ticket and accommodation packages – call 01423 562303 for tailor made packages and rates."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going? I may have to be on holiday then for family logistical reasons, but I am even more tempted than usual this year if I could meet a few bloggers I have got to know this year. (I have never actually made it yet!)

I may ask this question on Petrona, too --- will link to your post if so, as this is the first I've heard of these details (despite being on their mail list!)

all best, and thanks for the heads-up

Maxine.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

I have vague plans to go this year as I missed last year's but it will depend on my work schedule, which is a 3 week rota, and whether I can get the time off - being the newbie and all :-).