Saturday, February 07, 2009

What I'm listening to...

My current audio book listen is Silence of the Grave by Arnaldur Indridason which is narrated by the peerless Saul Reichlin. My introduction to Indridason was Voices which focused mainly on Erlendur and less on his colleagues Sigurdur Oli and Elinborg. After all the praise for Indridason I was a bit let down by Voices and that's why it's taken me a while to try another title. I spotted that Silence of the Grave was available on audio (unlike Jar City, The Draining Lake and the latest, Arctic Chill) and I've whizzed along to CD3 of eight today on my journeys to and from work. The sidekicks are fleshed out as is the family situation which pays a large role in Voices. So far so very good though the descriptions of wife-beating are horrific to listen to.

Silence of the Grave on audio is produced by Whole Story Audio Books and on the product page you can listen to the opening of the book being read by Saul Reichlin.

Reviews of the 'Reykjavik Murder Mysteries' can be found via Arnaldur Indridason's bibliography page.

No comments: